- Property and development
- Corporate and commercial
- Private clients
- Dispute resolution and litigation
Before establishing Rydge Evans, David was the long term Managing Partner of an established Sydney boutique commercial practice. David has over twenty years’ experience and heads up the firm’s property, commercial and private clients teams. He advises listed corporations, private companies and individuals from a wide range of industries on all aspects of their commercial, property and financing dealings.
David and his team advise the firm’s clients on the full spectrum of transactions from small commercial leasing matters to multi-million dollar and complex commercial and property transactions and disputes. David also acts for the firm’s private clients in the areas of corporate structuring, asset protection, estate planning and business succession planning and has established a trusted and loyal client base in this area.
- Acting for a private property fund on the acquisition of a significant Sydney CBD building which included complex issues surrounding the lease due diligence, easement concerns and other related matters.
- Acting for a high net worth private company on its acquisition of a supermarket site with partially completed premises intended for lease by an ASX top 50 company involved in retail.
- Advising the World Square owners’ corporation on the management agreement with an adjoining owners’ corporation.
- Acting and advising on “greenfields” subdivisions for various property developer clients.
- Acting for various high worth private companies on the sale of a range of large and complex commercial and industrial premises.
- Acting for corporate developers on the sale of subdivided lots in a number of development sites.
- Acting for a range of landlords and tenants in retail, commercial and industrial leasing matters.
- Drafting and issuing loan and security documents for various finance company clients both on a bespoke transaction and high volume basis.
- Estate planning and structuring advice and work conducted for a high net worth patriarch of a prominent commercial family operation.
- Advising and assisting the directors of a group of private companies to establish an effective business succession regime.
- Advising high net worth clients in relation to testamentary trust and other structures in order to minimise succession and asset protection risks.